My Tiny Piece of Manhattan

Do you know what I did Saturday night? If you guessed " You enjoyed a lovely dinner downtown followed by some gallery hopping" you would be wrong. You would also be wrong if your guess involved dancing, shopping or anything else fun and exciting, out in public, that twenty-somethings typically do on the weekend.


However, if your guess was "You sat on your ass playing with Legos while you half-paid attention to the Olympics" then ding, ding, ding we have a winner!


That's right folks, I'm just as dorky as you think I am. Saturday morning I went to the mall with the intention of buying some not-too-ugly maternity clothes. On my way to Cows-R-Us, I got distracted in the Lego Store.


You see, several months ago I read a press release about the upcoming Lego Architecture Series.
Naturally I almost peed my pants with glee.*





Now they are available for purchase and I just couldn't stop myself from buying a mini-Lego Guggenheim. I bought my clothes, ran some other errands then went home where I promptly tore open my new toy like a 6 year old hopped up on birthday cake.


Go ahead, admire my mini-monument in all its nerdy, toy glory.



Here it sits, atop a stack of Arch Record, on my desk at work.



If any of you happen to have 100 bucks lying around, you can feel free to send me a Lego Fallingwater to add to my collection.
*Speaking of Glee, when is that showing coming back? I am dying here. I need campy mash ups!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

April 13th is the date you are looking for.

And I love your nerdy-ness! Fantastic!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin