The Perfect Snow Day Treat

Most of NC got some amount of snow over the weekend and we got around 4 inches at our house. I didn't take any snow pictures of our yard because the hubby walked through the yard before I could break out the camera.

After Saturday's breakfast the hubby and I took a walk around the neighborhood to get some fresh air and exercise. When we got back I made homemade hot chocolate to enjoy in front of the fire.

I used a recipe I found at online at Cooks. This is super quick and easy. I had to plan ahead for the milk, but most everything else I keep stocked in the pantry. Since it was just the 2 of us, I halved the recipe but there was still plenty for seconds!

8 C milk
3 C water
1/2 C cocoa powder
1 C sugar
1 t vanilla extract

-Combine water and dry ingredients; bring to a slow boil.
-Add milk and stir until steaming.
-Add vanilla just before serving. Serves 10-12.


I served mine with mini-mallows and crumbled bits of semi-sweet chocolate. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh wow- that looks and sounds delicious! Why didn't I come get snowed in with you? Oh that's right- I won't get off this freakin' mountain until summer.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin