Living Room, Round 1

Now that you've seen all the components, it's time to see the big living room reveal! You can see the new window blinds that the hubby worked so diligently to hang over the past week. We bought curtains and curtain rods when we bought the blinds, and hanging them is next on the to-do list. Ok, so maybe this isn't the final reveal but we had gotten so much done I had to share it with you!

Again you can see my yummy gray wall color, my carpet tiles and just a peek of my china cabinet. In the photo you can only see one of the chairs, but I promise I have a pair of them, one on each side of the fireplace.

Also, this is the first time I've had a fireplace (since I lived with my parents) and I am loving the gas logs! It doesn't have the same feel or smell as a wood-burning fire, but the warmth and ambiance are all the same.

I'm intentionally not showing you the front wall of the living room because our couch hasn't come in yet. As a placeholder we have an ugly, uncomfortable futon and we curse its existence every day it stays in our house.

Lastly, I'm still trying to decide what to put over the mantle, but for now I have an assortment of clear glass vases to keep me going.

Still more to come!

---------------------------

Sources:
blinds- Ikea
china cabinet- vintage, free from my boss
chairs- Overstock
throw pillows- Ikea
rub- Flor
paint- Sherwin Williams' Repose Gray

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin