Going: Grandfather Mountain

Boy, am I tired. I spent my birthday weekend with my Dad and the highlight of the trip was hiking on Grandfather Mountain. To start the hike we took a quick walk across the mile high swinging bridge which was too crowded to allow for decent pictures. Then we hiked from the bridge to MacRae Peak, the first of 3 major peaks along the crest of Grandfather. The trail was far more rugged than I expected: "There are chutes where progress is hand-over-hand and some extra steep sections where hikers use in-place cables and ladders." If I hadn't been so terrified, I would have taken pictures of the ladders to prove that I was there.

But enough chit chat, I know you just want to see some pretty pictures.


view from top of MacRae Peak

the hubby enjoying the view

condos in the mist

Attic Window Peak
the green disk on the rock is a benchmark - 5,939 feet above sea level

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin