*No, this was not just a pleasant surprise. He's the chef of the family and I'm in charge of kitchen clean up.
First I drew up the words in AutoCAD. I printed out several copies so I could test different coloring methods.
I went with red and green because A) it matches my kitchen and B) red and green mean stop and go. I attempted several different coloring methods, but I decided they all looked too sloppy.
To sharpen up the look, I went back and added color in AutoCAD. I was going to choose the one I liked best, but I ended up keeping them all. I figured the first might end up getting wet and ruined so it couldn't hurt to have back-ups.
I cut them all out and laminated them with clear packing tape. I purposely sized the cards so that they would fit on one strip of tape without a seam.