I Win!

And by win, I mean I was given a Sunshine Award by my friend and fellow blogger Kelli of Ketchup and Pomegranates. As part of receiving this super-important blogging award I'm supposed to answer some questions to let you learn a bit more about me. Enjoy the peek into my brain...

Who is your favorite philosopher?
I'm not much of a philosophy reader but I would have to say Winnie the Pooh. Hear me out. In college I read The Tao of Pooh, which explains the concepts of Taoism in a simplistic and introductory way using the characters from the Winnie the Pooh books. It's fun, easy to read, and - most importantly - spoke to me in a way most religious or philosophical texts don't. I highly recommend it.

What is your favorite number?
My favorite number is 4 because it's the first square number. Weird, I know. I also like 16 and 64, which is 4 squared and 4 cubed, respectively.

What is your favorite animal?
Cats. If you've been a reader here for more than 5 minutes you know I'm a total cat lady.

What are your facebook and twitter URLs?
I don't have a non-personal facebook page - sorry, stalkers - but you can follow me on twitter and see what I see on Instagram @allisonharris.

What is your favorite time of day?
Late evening. If left to my own devices - not adhering to a work or toddler schedule - I like to stay up until midnight, working on craft projects or writing blog posts after the rest of the family has gone to bed.

What was your favorite vacation?
This is a hard one. I love to travel and each vacation has offered something unique. I would have to say top 4 are: New Orleans (for the food), New York (for the architecture), Caribbean Cruise (for the scenery), and Washington DC road trip (for the sheer fun of taking a road trip with 5 college students).

What is your favorite physical activity?
I love dancing of any kind. I took 12 years of dance lessons as a kid, with a focus on tap dance, and I was co-captain of the dance team in high school. In college I was a big fan of going clubbing with my girlfriends because if I'm going to go out and drink I need to be shaking those calories off! After college I discovered Zumba and I am IN LOVE. I quit going to my gym because it was a luxury my unemployed self couldn't justify but then I started leading (to use the word loosely) a free zumba class for my mom and mother-in-law. If you're in the Raleigh area I'd love to expand the class - assuming we can find a location big enough :)

What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
This is also a tough one. I go through phases, so I don't have 1 go-to favorite beverage. Sometimes it's Diet Dr Pepper. Sometimes it's orange soda. Sometimes it's chocolate milk. You can never tell. But, I keep a thermos on my desk at work and try to drink as much water as I can during the day.

What is your favorite flower?
Ever since we used them in our wedding decor I have been fond of blue hydrangeas.

What is your passion?
Making stuff? I would never describe myself as particularly passionate about any one thing, but if you consider what I do in my spare time, I tend to default to making things - jewelry, art/decorations for my home, coming up with better organizing solutions (usually using items in unconventional ways). I also have a big heart when it comes to stray/abandoned animals so if I ever have surplus money I plan to buy a farm and adopt (and spay/neuter) as many stray animals as I can. Every time I say this my husband rolls his eyes, but I'm totally serious.

Well, that's it. Thanks again to Kelli for the nomination!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin