Bedroom

I recently had a little money fall into my lap and we're juuust financially stable enough that my hubs reluctantly agreed to let me spend most of it on spiffing up our bedroom. You never have and never will see the 'before' of my bedroom because it was beyond embarrassing. The new-ish bed we still like, but everything else was terrible. I still like the vintage vanity but it doesn't really fit in the room - plus the hubby never really liked it - so it's finally on its way out. Our other 2 pieces of furniture I've never pretended to like - my childhood dresser (light wood, country chic) and his childhood dresser (dark wood, super traditional) don't match our aesthetic, the bed, or each other so they both have to go. I also learned the hard way that I don't like white bedding. Between the cat hair and body oils (gross!) it never looks clean enough so I'm replacing it, too. Throw in some new artwork and a pillow or two and I had made some major progress.


I was too busy/lazy to document the process as I went along so I'll do one big post once everything is in place. In the mean time I will tease you with this snapshot of the mini-gallery wall I put together over the (new) dresser. I'm in love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don’t like your bed because I ALWAYS bang my foot on it and almost break my toes!

I love the NC art on the wall. Can a girl get a close up?!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin