Fun With Sun Prints

Almost two years ago my sister-in-law gave me a sunprint kit. It took me a while to get up the nerve to use it because I was afraid I would waste it, but I finally started playing with it. I'm in love!


The instructions are fairly simple:


My first subject was a fern frond from my yard.


I accidentally moved the fern while I was exposing the paper, but I actually liked the offset result.


Too bad I over-exposed the paper and ruined the image. Also I allowed the rinse water to pond on the paper leaving a horrible water spot.


I tried the fern again but the second time around I made sure to remove excess water before I set it out to dry.


My next subject was a cluster of pine needles, also from my yard. I loved how the dimensionality of the needles caused a shadow, gradient effect.


I still didn't like the little bit of water staining, so I decided to dry the next batch face down.


Speaking of the next batch, it included carrot leaves (from my garden!), some baby toys, our house key and a fruit basket. I tried to branch out and find interesting shapes and textures that weren't necessarily identifiable in print.


What do you think? I haven't decided how to mount them or where to display them, but you know I'll keep you in the loop when I do!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin