Starting: Life

There are a lot of new things in my life, least of all this blog. I have a new apartment, I just started a new job and I got married 3 months ago. To get the blog-ball rolling, I wanted to post some highlights of the wedding.

As you can see, the wedding was in Las Vegas. And no, Elvis did not marry us.


The ceremony was lovely and intimate - 40 people, including the wedding party - they were good sports to let me lay on their laps!


The details were my favorite part of the wedding. For my something old, I used a vintage hairstick that belonged to my great-grandmother, and had it tucked into my bouquet.
My something borrowed was the pin shown below. It belongs to my grandmother and reads 'Forget-Me-Not.' A scrap from my mom's mother-of-the-bride dress, fashioned into a simple bow, served as my something blue. The two were pinned to my bustle.


After the ceremony, we drove around the Vegas strip to take pictures. This is us in front of the Bellagio.

A week after we returned from the honeymoon we had a casual reception so we could celebrate with the friends and family that weren't able to attend the wedding. Another of my favorites was the wedding cake, provided by Edible Art in Raleigh, NC. I saw a cake I loved in a magazine and they did a fabulous job replicating it for me.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin