Soda Stream

Nothing too dramatic today, I just wanted to tell you about a product that I love.

Recently I picked up a Soda Stream machine from a fellow Freecycler. I assumed it had to be broken because who would give one away that works? Well, that lady would, apparently. It needed a good cleaning after having sat in her storage room but other than that it worked perfectly. Luckily there's no electronics or moving parts so sitting in less-than-ideal conditions can't really hurt it. Long story short, I love it. I'm a big soda drinker at home and I love that this saves money and the waste from soda bottles and cans. My favorites are the fruity sodas but they have pretty convincing standard flavors (Coke, Dr Pepper, etc).


OK, I admit it, I don't have a real Soda Stream. It's a Soda Club and it looks almost exactly like this one:


After a little internet research I found out that several years ago Soda Club changed their name to Soda Stream - no idea why - and updated the look of the machine. Since they're essentially the same product the current soda bottles and carbonating cartridges fit my old unit so I could care less what it looks like. I just like being able to make my own soda at home. The units start at around $100 and if you drink a lot of soda it would pay for itself pretty quickly. Fortunately I got a head start by getting my machine for free. God bless Freecycle.

Any products been changing your life lately?

As usual, no one paid or perked me for this opinion.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin