So, I Just Spent $113 on Shampoo and Conditioner

That's not an exaggeration for the sake of being dramatic. I really did just drop over a hundred dollars on 2 bottles of stuff for my hair. Just typing that makes me feel like I'm guest posting on Goop.

I just found the best leave in conditioner for my hair. It's hand-made by blind monks using the tears of free-range goats and the silk of endangered silk worms. At $40 an ounce, it's a total bargain.

OK, it's not that bad. But it's close. Last week when I got my hair cut the stylist gave me some samples. Of course she did. I took them home and fell in love with the stuff. Of course I did. I looked it up on line and it was $20 for an 8.5 ounce bottle. You're kidding me right? For the math nerds that's $2.35 an ounce. Mucho pricey.

After some digging I found a (semi-sketchy) website that was selling the same bottle for $13. At $1.53 an ounce that's getting better but still way more than I'm willing to pay for shampoo. Then, lo and behold, I found the mother load. I can buy my beloved shampoo IN BULK. For the absurd price of $57 I could be the proud owner of 68 ounces of liquid gold? shampoo. But then I did the math and realized that's only $0.84 an ounce and Burt's Bee's, my hippie friendly normal brand is $0.80 an ounce. So that got me officially out of crazy person territory. Sort of.

I bit the bullet and ordered the tubs o' shampoo and conditioner.

PROS:
I love the way it makes my hair look and feel
it's organic and sulfate free
it should last me a year or two

CONS:
$114 dollars? Are you freaking kidding me?

It still feels strange to spend that much on something so frivolous, but I don't color my hair and I don't spend much money on styling products or make-up, so it should even out. And (I keep telling myself) it's not that expensive, it's just costly to buy it all at once.

Am I crazy?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin