The crew formed bricks on the driveway then used a skim board to deliver them to the job site. The bricks were made by packing snow into lightly greased tupperware. A quick shake was all it took to get them out.
We used bamboo poles (leftover from an old school project) to mark the foundation then I started laying bricks. I served as mason and then hubby came after me to stabilize and level everything.
Because building a house from snow bricks isn't crazy enough, we added windows - 3 on the back and 2 on the front. We spanned the window openings with leftover slats from our Ikea blinds.
ceremoniously placing the last brick
To support the roof we built up the short walls then we placed 3 bamboo "beams" - 1 at the ridge and 1 along each long wall to support the roof.
All in all it took us roughly 6 hours and 600 snow bricks. It was hard work and lots of fun. Hubby is already planning our next snow structure!