Stepping Out Of My Comfort Zone

A few days ago I was reading one of those Shop Your Closet, Wardrobe Re-Mix articles in a fashion mag. You know, they show you all the outfits you can make by combining all the clothing basics you already own.

One that caught my eye was skinny jeans (cuffed) + fun top + ankle boots. I thought it looked cute, and I do have all of those items, but I was afraid the outfit was too rock-n-roll for me to pull off.

Then fate intervened. The next night I saw Liz Lemon, self-proclaimed schlump, wearing ankle boots with cuffed skinnies on 3o Rock. I thought, if Lemon can do it so can I.

Bad-Ass?

So here I am. Cuffed skinnies, ankle boots and a sequined top. I threw on my cotton blazer for structure and warmth, then added a chunky black ring for some extra bad-assery.

booties and skinnies

subtle sparkle - it doesn't scream rock-n-roll, but it might whisper it a little

So, that's the closest I'll ever come to looking like a rock star. Let's call it bad-ass lite. Is it the most figure-flattering ensemble I've ever worn? Probably not. But I'm proud of myself for trying something new.

Sources:
Jeans - Old Navy, Sweetheart Skinny
Boots - Candies, via Kohl's
Top - BJ's, yes, BJ's
Blazer - Target

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Methinks you look great. You've always been rock-n-roll bad-ass lite to me.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin