Looks, Personality, and She's Great In the Kitchen!

OK, that's a lie. I'm lousy in the kitchen.

It's no secret that I'm not much of a cook. I don't enjoy planning meals and if it were up to me we'd probably eat macaroni and cheese or peanut butter sandwiches every night. Luckily, the hubby is a good cook and prepares most of our meals. Every now and then I'll make dinner, or I'll chip in if we're cooking a large family meal, but those occasions are rare.

If I do wander into the kitchen, I like to bake. I think I get it from my mom. She can make magic in the kitchen but she's famous for her sweets, particularly her cheesecakes.

When I chose to make a cheesecake for Thanksgiving I knew I had some mighty big shoes oven mitts to fill. I kept it simple and stuck to a plain New York cheesecake, using Mom's recipe. But then I decided that wasn't Thanksgiving-y enough, so I improvised a fresh cranberry topping. Having sampled Mom's baking through the years, I'm kind of an expert on cheesecake, and I thought mine tasted as good as hers.


I would share the recipe with you, but I'm pretty sure my mom would kill me. Seriously. She gave me strict instructions not to give the recipe to anyone, and I think it's safe to assume that includes the internet.

What did you make for Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been sworn to cheesecake secrecy too. There are just somethings you don't tell!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin