My Life Is an Odd Venn Diagram

I know these aren't two audiences that often overlap, but is there anyone out there that watches Project Runway AND has read The Picture of Dorian Gray? It seems odd that one person would watch reality television and read classic fiction, but I do. I hope you do, too.

You see, whenever I read a book I always picture the character as being played by actors, celebrities or people I know. It helps me keep the characters straight, and it brings the story to life. For example, when I read The Fountainhead Peter Keating was portrayed by David Hyde Pierce and I imagined Howard Roark as this rugged red-headed guy I went to school with. I never learned his name so I always referred to him (in my head) as Howard. Is that weird?

But back to The Picture of Dorian Gray. I recently read this and the titular Dorian is described as a young, rich and stylish man living in Victorian-ish England. Given the time period his stylishness lent itself to vanity, foppishness, ascots and (possible) latent homosexuality. And who better to fit that description than Project Runway alum Austin Scarlett?


That hair, that smirk, that flawless application of foundation! Is there anyone better suited to play a self-centered Victorian playboy? And, let's face it, girlfriend can wear the hell out of some neck accessories.

Is it just me? Tell me you see it too.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin